Diamond Peak Ski Team is seeking high-energy coaches who love working with young kids. We are currently looking for part time and full time coaches for our Mighty Mites program. The program starts January 7th and runs for 10 weeks. Preferable applicants should have some type of racing or coaching experience. If you would like to be part of our Mighty Mites Coaching team or want more information contact DeeDee at email@example.com or call 775-832-1176.
Position: Head Snowboard/Freeski Coach
Calendar: Full-Time / Seasonally / Salary
General: The Sierra Nevada College Athletics Office is looking for qualified snowboard and Freeski coaches to continue leading and directing the team to success. Sierra Nevada College is a small, private, liberal arts college located on the north shore of beautiful Lake Tahoe. Riders/Skiers for the team come from all different backgrounds and ability levels ranging from USASA competitions all the way to Grand Prix and NorAm competitions.
Job Description: The Head Coach will report directly to the Athletic Director on developing and maintaining a varsity snowboard/freeski team. The majority of the duties performed by the coach involve teaching, including instructing athletes on how to perform the respective sport. The coach will work closely with all athletes to help meet long-term and short-terms goals while also working to meet the goals of the snowboard/freeski team.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Instruct and educate the athletes on their respective sports.
- Coordinate off season training programs
- Support student-athlete welfare
- Recruiting to satisfy roster size
- Attend, plan, develop, and direct all team trainings and competitions
- Coordinate transportation to and from all trainings and contests
- Communicate expectations, praise and corrective feedback in a clear and constructive manner
- Maintain regular office hours
- Provide assistance to the athletic department if needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Strong snowboard/freeski ability
- College Bachelor’s Degree
- Past coaching experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work nights and weekends
- Will require travel
- Valid driver license
Please note that responsibilities and requirements are subject to change without notice
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org